BSB50215 BSBADM502 Manage Meetings
|Qualification Code/Title||BSB50215 – Diploma of Business|
|Assessment Type||Assessment -01 ( Project)||Time allowed|
|Due Date||Location||AHIC||Term / Year|
|Unit of Competency|
|National Code/Title||BSBADM502 Manage Meetings|
|Student Name||Student ID|
|Student Declaration: I declare that the work submitted is my own, and has not been copied or plagiarised from any person or source.||Signature: ____________________________|
|RESULTS (Please Circle)||SATISFACTORY||NOT SATISFACTORY|
Feedback to student:…..
|Student Declaration: I declare that I have been assessed in this unit, and I have been advised of my result. I am also aware of my appeal rights.|
|Assessor Declaration: I declare that I have conducted a fair, valid, reliable and flexible assessment with this student, and I have provided appropriate feedback.|
|Instructions to the Candidates|
v This assessment is to be completed according to the instructions given below in this document.
v Should you not answer the tasks correctly, you will be given feedback on the results and gaps in knowledge. You will be entitled to one (1) resubmit in showing your competence with this unit.
v If you are not sure about any aspect of this assessment, please ask for clarification from your assessor.
v Please refer to the College re-submission and re-sit policy for more information.
v If you have questions and other concerns that may affect your performance in the Assessment, please inform the assessor immediately.
v Please read the Project carefully thencomplete all tasks.
v To be deemed competent for this unit you must achieve a satisfactory result with tasks of this project along with a satisfactory result for the other two assessments.
v This is an Open book assessment which you will do in your own time but complete in the time designated by your assessor. Remember, that it must be your own work and if you use other sources then you must reference these appropriately
v This is Individual Assessments. Once you have completed the assessment, please provide the Hard copy of the Assessments to your Trainer/ Assessor.
v Plagiarism is copying someone else’s work and submitting it as your own. Any Plagiarism will result in a mark of Zero.
|Assessment task||Description||Assessment method||What does satisfactory mean?|
|1 Plan and prepare for a meeting||Candidates are required to plan and prepare for a meeting to be conducted using a simulated business scenario.|
Oral and group work then individual project
|Project work||You must get satisfactory for all parts of the task. |
Each student will work in groups then submit unique work
|Additional assessment information|
|Time limits –each of the assessments will have a set time to complete that is explained and agreed before you start. There is timed assessment for practicals that are completed in class.|
Use of support material – the written work can refer to a textbook or notes but must be in your own
words. Tests are from memory so you cannot use your textbook or notes
Reasonable adjustment – if you think there are issues that could impact on your ability to perform then you need to talk to your trainer/assessor prior to doing the task
Re-assessments and re-sits – The student is informed that the assessment is not pass/fail in the marking guide above and that feedback is provided. The Assessor may set another time for the gap assessment or follow up extra practical assessment or with open questions if there is doubt about responses or demonstration of skills. Students should be successful at the second attempt. If a re-sit is necessary, the conduct of the task will depend on the type of assessment. Re-sits are more likely for written tests.
Appeals process – after the assessment, if you have concerns, then you should talk to your assessor. There is an assessment appeal policy and procedure that is followed.
Assessment -1 Plan and prepare for a meeting
You will demonstrate the skills and knowledge necessary to prepare for a meeting in accordance with organisational requirements.
For this assessment you are required to plan and prepare for a meeting to be conducted for a simulated workplace, the Adept Owl Games Company.
Note: The work completed for this assessment task provides the basis for completing Assessment Tasks 2 and 3. Ensure you keep an electronic and/or hard copy of this completed assessment for future use.
Read the Adept Owl Games Company simulated business information provided by your assessor.
|Scenario: The Adept Owl Games CompanyAdept Owl is an Australian developer, publisher and distributor of dice, card and board games for all ages.|
Meet with your facilitator/assessor to identify a topic for your meeting.
Using the information and Adept Owl organisational chart provided by your assessor,
identify your meeting participants and the individuals in your learning group who will fill the roles of these meeting participants.
Determine the meeting requirements by completing the Meeting Requirements Form
in Appendix 1, making sure you select a meeting style and format appropriate to your meeting’s purpose and participants.
As part of completing this template, ensure that you include identification and description of the following as they apply to your meeting:
- organisational requirements
- applicable conventions
- legal and ethical requirements.
Use the Meeting Preparation Action Plan template in Appendix 2 to detail the tasks required to make the meeting arrangements you have identified in Appendix 1 and who is responsible for completing them?
Note: You will need to complete these activities in Assessment Task 2 before you can conduct your meeting.
Prepare the required meeting documentation, as per Adept Owl organisational requirements, using templates where required. The documentation will need to include:
- a meeting invitation to notify required participants of your meeting, including reason for chosen format
- a meeting agenda
- a meeting minutes’ template.
Prepare the required meeting papers (at least one) and select an appropriate method to distribute these to meeting participants.
Send meeting documentation and papers, as appropriate, to required meeting participants (the individuals in your learning group as per their assigned roles).
Submit the required documents for assessment as per the specifications below. Be sure to keep a copy for your records.
Trainer will also provide further explanations on the above instructions in the class which will clearly outline all requirements in more detail and simplistic way according to your understanding level. You may also request your trainer for additional information and may seek help with summarising of all instructions if required.
You must submit:
- a completed Meeting Requirements Form (Appendix 1)
- a completed Meeting Preparation Action Plan (Appendix 2)
- a meeting invitation
- a meeting agenda
- a meeting minutes’ template
- at least one meeting paper required for your meeting.
- Appendix 1: Meeting requirements form
Meeting Requirements Form
|Video or teleconference requirements|
|Special needs of attendees|
|Other organisational requirements for conducting meetings|
|Applicable conventions for conducting meetings|
|Legal and ethical requirements for conducting meetings|
|Other specific requirements|
Appendix 2: Meeting preparation action plan
|Meeting preparation action plan|
|Action required||By whom||By when|
Assessment Task 1: Plan and prepare for
|Did the candidate:||Satisfactory|
|Submit a completed Meeting Requirements Form (Appendix 1)?|
|Submit a completed Meeting Preparation Action Plan (Appendix 2)?|
|Submit a meeting invitation?|
|Submit a meeting agenda?|
|Submit a meeting minutes template?|
|Submit at least one meeting paper required for the meeting?|
|Submit all documents within required timeframe?|
|Did the candidate:||Satisfactory|
|Choose a meeting format that is appropriate for the purpose of the meeting and will assist with achieving the goals of the meeting?|
|Determine the following meeting requirements, as required, in their Meeting Requirements Form?|
● meeting purpose
● meeting host or chair person
● meeting speakers
● participants (internal and external)
● special needs of participants
● location preferences
● seating arrangements – theatre style, table and chairs
● pre-reading materials for attendees
● documentation requirements for the meeting
● equipment required for the meeting, e.g. video/data projector, microphone, whiteboard
● teleconferencing or videoconferencing requirements and equipment
● catering ($10 or less per head).
|Determine meeting style, format and requirements appropriate to the meeting’s purpose?|
● If meeting with people off-site, did they conduct the meeting via video or teleconference?
● Was the level of formality identified appropriate to the purpose?
● Was the required technology, equipment, etc. identified?
● Was a budget identified in line with the Adept Owl meetings policy? Was it appropriate to the meeting purpose?
|Identify and interpret organisational requirements for conducting meetings in line with the Adept Owl meetings policy, such as:|
● limited meeting durations
● meeting agenda must be documented for all meetings
● meeting minutes must be captured for all meetings
● delegates must have the authority to make decisions
● meetings must start and finish on time
● all meetings must have a designated chairperson
● participants must arrive on time
● mobile phones are to be switched off
● one person is to speak at a time.
|Provide evidence of identification and understanding of applicable conventions for conducting meetings?|
● chairperson has casting vote
● conflict of interest provisions
● consensus required for decisions
● majority of members to agree for decisions
● process for moving and seconding formal motions
● discussions are restricted to agenda items only
● all discussion to be directed through the chairperson
● time limit on speakers
● voting procedures.
|Provide evidence of identification and understanding of legal and ethical requirements for conducting meetings?|
● Corporations Act 2001 (Cwlth)
● the organisation’s Articles of Association, as appropriate
● workplace legislation including anti-discrimination, health and safety, harassment, etc.
|Develop an action plan that:|
● details all tasks to be completed to prepare for the meeting as identified in meeting requirements form
● identifies who is responsible for completing each task and when the task is due to be completed by?
For example, identified the following as applicable in line with Adept Owl meetings and procurement policies:
● catering requirements and delegation or arrangement ($10 max per head, CoffeeVille preferred supplier, arranged within suitable time)
● budget and who is required to manage or approve spending, approval as per authority table in procurement policy
● booking of venue and equipment, meeting space chosen appropriate to meeting attendees
● a person responsible for chasing RSVPs.
|Develop a meeting invitation in line with organisational requirements, such as Adept Owl meetings policy, that details the following?|
● start time
● end time
● RSVP date if applicable
● who is attending
● purpose of meeting
● pre-reading requirements
● travel and accommodation details if applicable
● teleconference details if applicable.
|Develop a meeting agenda, in line with organisational requirements, including Adept Owl meetings policy, style guide and template, which includes the following information?|
● date, time and location of meeting
● statement of the meeting’s purpose
● minutes of the previous meeting
● major agenda items
● general business
● date of next meeting.
|Source and prepare the meeting minutes’ template in line with organisational requirements, including Adept Owl meetings policy, style guide and template?|
See ‘Specific Document Requirements’ in the Adept Owl simulated business documentation.
|Prepare meeting papers that are relevant to the purpose of the meeting and contribute to the achievement of the meeting goals, and select an appropriate method to distribute these to participants prior to the meeting?|
|Use a method to the send the invitation, agenda and required meeting papers to participants that is appropriate to the meeting’s purpose and in line with Adept Owl meetings policy, style guide and templates?|
For example, emailing as attachments to the learners who participated in the meeting.
Comments/feedback to participant
BSB50215 BSBADM502 Manage Meetings
Last year's annual business plan General business Strategies Innovations Next meeting Close Participants (names and location if interstate) Local InterstateMargie Edsall (CEO) Jim Gordon (Perth) Demet Cuhadar Jack Eddie (Perth) Greg Ames Celestine Duncan (USA) Kim Johnson Donna Rise Dave Burch Gary Adams Guest Speaker Celestine Duncan (USA) Secretary or minute taker Donna Rise Seating arrangements Gary Adams Video or teleconference requirements A camera, a codec, a microphone, a speaker, a monitor and an IP or ISDN connection Hospitality RequirementsCatering requirements (Refreshments, lunch, dinner, dietary requirements) Vegetarian Halal Gluten Free Accommodation arrangements (Interstate/international participants) Crown Towers Melbourne (Guest Speaker) Supporting MaterialsStationery requirements Pens, paper, flipchart, whiteboard Pre-reading Last year's annual business plan Meeting documentation Notice of Meeting