*The school district retains control over what links will be placed on district-related websites; however, the linked sites themselves are not under the control of the school district, its agents or its employees. The school district is not responsible for the contents of any linked site, any link contained in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such sites. The school district provides links as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement of the site by the school district. The school district reserves the right to remove or restrict any links.
**US Copyright Law provides for copyright protection for any work by an author or an artist, including student authors and artists. Use of student work requires written permission from the student author, which must be obtained by the faculty member before the item can be used.
***Duplin County Schools is dedicated to facilitating effective communication. As such, every effort is made to keep websites current and in compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act. Accessibility concerns may be brought to the attention of Duplin County Schools (910) 296-1521
Web Page Development Policy (3227/7322) | Technology Responsible Use Policy (3225/4312/7320)
REQUIREMENTS to be Nominated for Membership
The National Junior Beta Club is a service organization that recognizes students with outstanding scholarship. In addition to good scholarship, candidates must also demonstrate leadership, service, achievement, and good character.
- Second semester 7th graders and 8th graders with an academic record of a weighted cumulative average of 90 or higher and who have not received a nine weeks grade lower than a 85 in any classes are nominated as candidates to Princeton High School’s National Junior Beta Club.
- In addition to academic requirements, the nominees must also have not received an "N" in conduct and have not been sent to ISS for a full day or suspended.
- In order to become a member, the student must show that he/she possess the other four characteristics of membership (leadership, service, achievement, and good behavior). A typed essay that gives evidence of the student's accomplishments in the pillars of membership, as well as, intention to become a member must be submitted to the club sponsors.
After reviewing entrance essays, candidates will be notified if they have been selected to join Princeton’s chapter of the National Junior Beta Club.
REQUIREMENTS to Maintain Membership
Students are asked to please consider carefully the requirements for membership into this organization.
- Members will be required to
- Maintain a 90 weighted cumulative GPA
- Maintain a grade of 85 or higher in all classes for each nine weeks
- Participate in all service projects
- Maintain satisfactory conduct and exhibit good character.
If at any time a member's average falls below a 90, a member receives a grade lower than 85 for a subject, a member receives an “N” in conduct, is sent to ISS for a ful day or suspended, does not participate in the club’s service projects, or does not exhibit good character, the member will be placed on membership probation. Members are only allowed 1 probation period, and any subsequent violation will result in membership termination.